Call for Charities
The SITE Southern California Community Outreach Committee invites you to submit a proposal to receive a donation from our upcoming 2022 SITE SoCal Holiday Event + Charity Gala at Town and Country Resort in San Diego. SITE Southern California has been committed to giving back to our local communities through donations to local non-profit organizations.
Our mission statement for this event is:
“To benefit small, grassroots, non-profit organizations, with little to no overhead, where the majority of the money received will go directly to the cause and benefit Southern California communities.”
The Criteria For Consideration As A Site SoCal Beneficiary Are:
- The organization must be an established California non-profit with IRS 501 c3 status.
- The organization must fall within the scope of our mission statement: “To benefit small, grassroots, non-profit organizations, with little to no overhead, where the majority of the money received will go directly to the cause and benefit Southern California communities”.
- The organization needs to be ‘small’ enough that donated funds would make a significant difference to the lives of its recipients. We focus on charitable organizations that do not already receive large corporate or government funding.
- The funds must be spent within the calendar year of 2023.
- The organization must be fiscally responsible and fully accountable for how the money will be spent over the next year by providing three (3) quarterly reports in 2023 as to how the money has been used to benefit the lives of the organization’s recipients.
Potential Gift Income
We cannot guarantee the amount of funds our event will generate. In previous years, the average recipient has received between $10,000 and $35,000. Funds will be distributed in the first quarter of 2023.
Please apply online at SITE SoCal Holiday Event + Charity Gala Charity Application.
In addition, please note there will be an area to upload additional documents that would help illustrate your organization from photos, letters of recommendation, marketing collateral, etc.
- You must be available to attend the SITE SoCal Holiday Event in San Diego on December 12–14. We will provide to you two (2) seats, complimentary hotel accommodations, a 6 ft. table for showcasing your organization and approximately five (5) minutes of time on stage during the dinner for live testimonials and a video presentation on the night of the 13th.
- Be prepared to produce a video five minutes or less that will be used on stage at the Holiday Event. Cost to produce the video would be your expense, video is subject to committee approval.
Give Back Get Back - “Hands-On Opportunity”
In addition to the Holiday Event, we will have an additional opportunity for our members to participate in a “hands-on” event. This event is in addition to, and separate from, being a recipient of the funds. In the past we have made blankets, capes for kids, built gingerbread houses for an upcoming event, wrapped gifts, assembled vanity kits, etc.
This year we would like to open it up to opportunities to volunteer off property, whether it is at a shelter, building a playground, anything where we can get a large amount of people involved.
Give Back Get Back – Donation Drive
In addition to the Holiday Event, we will have an additional opportunity for a donation drive for our members to bring donation items to you. Please provide examples of items in need that your recipients need that would make an impact for your organization.
To Apply For Consideration
The SITE Southern California Community Outreach committee will review each proposal and may ask for more details. Personal and/or phone interviews may be set up in August for the semi-finalists. The ultimate decision will be announced by September.
Please apply online NO LATER THAN AUGUST 15, 2022.
We look forward to learning more about your organization and thank you for applying to our request for proposal.
VP Community Outreach